How to take care of your DIYTI cover or cushion and keeping your new product looking sharper for longer.
Washing instructions for machine washing
Each textile product from DIYTI is treated with stain protection and with a damp cloth, most stains can be wiped away.
If you want to machine wash the cover at low temperature, then be sure to follow the washing instructions printed on the inside label of your cover.
Here are some important steps to follow for machine washing:
- Close all zippers on the covers before washing and use a washing program for delicate washing. Set the temperature to max. 30 degrees Celsius.
- Close any zips or buttons before washing.
- Use a mild liquid detergent free of bleach or brightening agents as these can cause spots and fading.
- Don’t use fabric softener. This will permanently alter the look and feel of your fabric
- Don’t overfill the washing machine. Complete the wash in several loads if necessary.
- Use the same washing program for multiple loads. Using different programs may result in color differences.
- Always include a low and delicate spin cycle at the end of your washing program.
- Always line dry at room temperature. Never dry in the tumbler or with heat.
- The cover can be ironed at low temperature. Iron only on the top of the fabric.
All our fabrics come with stain protection. These are designed to repel everyday water and oil–based liquids, giving you extra time to treat your fabric before the liquid seeps into the material.
- To avoid permanent staining, treat spills immediately with warm, soapy water. Use a clear, mild soap or cleaning agent and never use bleach or detergents with bleach. Dry spills or dirt can be brushed off.
- Never use bleach or detergents that contain bleach on DIYTI’s fabrics.
- Scrape or brush away dried dirt from the fabric.
- Apply some water mixed with a few drops of neutral soap or liquid detergent on the stain and rub with a wet cloth in circles until the stain disappears. If the stain does not disappear immediately, repeat this step.